Effective Date: November 29, 2016
Angelcare Monitors Inc. and its affiliates, successors and assigns (collectively, “Angelcare”, “we”, “us”, “our”) are committed to safeguarding any personal information you convey to us, including via our websites (including http://angelcarebaby.com, www.padlocker.ca, www.litterlocker.com and any other website(s) managed, operated and/or administered by or on behalf of Angelcare (collectively, the “Site”). In line with this commitment, the following is a description of Angelcare’s security measures, its policies regarding the nature of personal information gathered, its reasons for gathering such information, and the use made of such information. It also describes the choices available to you regarding our use of your personal information and how you can access and update this information.
1. Information Collection and Use
We collect personal information from you when you use our Site; for example, when you purchase products, register products, create an account, sign up to receive our emails, enter contests, post on our blogs, apply for jobs and make other submissions. We may also collect your personal information from third parties to whom you have provided it, such as financial institutions and social networking websites or applications.
Personal information is information that is personally identifiable to you. Personal information may include your full name, age, date of birth, social insurance number, social security number, e-mail address, telephone number, mailing address, credit and debit card information, as well as demographic information, preferences, settings and order history. Personal information does not include aggregate information, such as information that is anonymous or used in a collective manner, where no single person can be identified.
We may use your personal information to:
- Send you requested product or service information
- Send product updates or warranty information
- Process orders and transactions
- Communicate with you about our products
- Make offers to you
- Help us target specific products to you
- Help us develop and improve our Site and tailor it to your interests
- Improve your online shopping experience
- Improve our Site and other marketing efforts
- Personalize your experience on our Site through your profile and preferences
- Keep track of and analyze your purchases, transactions, shopping patterns, account activity, payment history, etc.
- Process your requests and submissions
- Respond to customer service requests
- Improve our customer service
- Respond to your questions and concerns
- Conduct surveys and analyses for research, statistical and product design and development purposes
- Create aggregate information
- Process your job applications and address other recruitment and employment matters
- Administer promotions and contests
- Protect you and us from error and fraud
- Comply with legal and governmental requirements
- Achieve any other purposes as may be permitted by law from time to time
Your failure to provide certain personal information to Angelcare may justify Angelcare’s refusal to process any order for the purchase of products or services sold through the Site.
2. Information Sharing
Service Providers. We may provide your personal information to third parties that provide services to help us with our business activities such as operating our Site, offering customer service, better understanding our Site visitors and otherwise providing services to Site visitors, including performing such functions as fulfilling orders, delivering packages and processing payments. These third parties are authorized to use your personal information only as necessary to provide these services to us.
In addition, you acknowledge and agree that your personal information may be transferred to persons or entities outside Canada in the event of a crisis or emergency relating to Canada, the internet, telecommunications, Angelcare or the servers where your personal information is usually stored in Canada.
Legal Disclaimer. We may also disclose your personal information:
- as required by law, such as to comply with a subpoena, or similar legal process,
- when we believe in good faith that disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect your safety or the safety of others, investigate fraud, or respond to a government request,
- if Angelcare is involved in a merger, acquisition, or sale of all or a portion of its assets, you will be notified via email and/or a prominent notice on our Site of any change in ownership or uses of your personal information, as well as any choices you may have regarding your personal information. In any event, you consent to the transfer of your personal information to any third party that acquires all or substantially all of Angelcare’s business or its online commerce operations.
IF YOU CHOOSE TO MAKE ANY OF YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION OR OTHER INFORMATION PUBLICLY AVAILABLE THROUGH OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE SITE, YOU DO SO AT YOUR OWN RISK.
3. User Access and Choice
We will keep your personal information as accurate, complete and up-to-date as necessary for the purposes for which it is to be used. If your personal information changes, you may correct, update or amend it if you you can Contact Us or by emailing our Customer Support at ac.cnicedc@eraclegna. We will respond to your request within 30 days.
We will retain your personal information for as long as your account remains active or as needed to provide you products and services. We may also retain and use your personal information as necessary to comply with our legal obligations, resolve disputes, and enforce our agreements.
4. Tracking Technologies / Cookies
Technologies such as cookies, beacons, tags and scripts are used by Angelcare as well as analytics or service providers. These technologies are used in analyzing trends, administering the Site, tracking users’ movements around the Site and otherwise on the internet, and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We may receive reports based on the use of these technologies on an individual as well as aggregated basis.
Analytics / Log Files. We gather certain information automatically and store it in log files. This information includes internet protocol (IP) addresses, browser type, internet service provider (ISP), referring/exit pages, operating system, date/time stamp, and clickstream data. We use this information, which does not identify individual users, to analyze trends, to administer the Site, to track users’ movements around the Site and to gather demographic information about our user base as a whole. We do not link this automatically collected data to personal information.
LSOs. We use Local Storage Objects (LSOs) such as HTML 5 to store content information and preferences. Third parties who provide certain features on our Site or display advertising based upon your internet browsing activity use LSOs such as HTML 5 to collect and store information. Your browser may offer its own management tools for removing HTML 5 LSOs.
The security of your personal information is important to us. We follow generally accepted standards to protect the personal information submitted to us, both during transmission and once we receive it. No method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage, is 100% secure, however. It may be possible for third parties to overhear, see, intercept or access private communications or transmissions unlawfully. While we strive to protect your personal information, we cannot guarantee its absolute security. Any transmission of personal information is done at your own risk.
We encourage parents and guardians to supervise their children’s use of the internet, including our Site.
We do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under the age of 13. Children under the age of 13 should not use this Site or provide us with any personal information without the consent and supervision of their authorized guardian.
Links to Third Party Sites. The Site features various links to other websites. By clicking on one of these links, you leave the Site. Angelcare does not have any control over the operations of these other websites or their content, and the presence of links on the Site in no way implies any responsibility on the part of Angelcare. Any personal information you transmit through these third party websites is subject to the policies of these particular websites with regards to the treatment of personal information. As such, we suggest that you pay close attention to these websites’ policies regarding personal information.
Testimonials. We may display personal testimonials of satisfied customers on our Site in addition to other endorsements and reviews of our products. With your consent we may post your testimonial along with your name. If you wish to update or delete your testimonial, you can Contact Us or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
7. GOVERNING LAW; DISPUTE RESOLUTION
9. Contact Us
Or contact us at:
Privacy Officer - Angelcare Monitors Inc.
Head office: 201 Boulevard de l’Industrie, Local 104, Candiac, Quebec, Canada J5R 6A6
Toll free: 1-877-281-8827